Why Choose Tummy Tuck Surgery After Weight Loss
Weight loss is an overwhelming journey, yet it gives happiness in the end. But the sagging skin around your tummy after the weight loss prevents you from adoring the body contours you desire.
If you are unhappy with your tummy flab after weight loss, you can consult Prof Dr Robert Hiener for a tummy tuck surgery
How is tummy tuck surgery helpful after weight loss?
A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty in Dubai is a cosmetic surgery to improve the abdomen’s contours, shape, and appearance.
A tummy tuck does the following things to help you gain perfect curves.
Trims and removes excess skin
It is natural to expect skin sulking after weight loss because the fat melts and eliminates from the body by sweat and excreta, but the skin is elastic “like a balloon.” Just like a deflated balloon, our skin also wrinkles after weight loss.
While exercise helps tone underlying belly muscles, it cannot restore skin’s elasticity. The tummy tuck cuts and removes the excess, lax skin around the belly with optimal incisions. So, a tummy tuck trims the excess unwanted skin and creates a curvy abdomen. Depending on the skin excess around abdomen and lower trunc, it might be necessary not only to cut at the anterior trunc/abdomen (abdominoplasty 180°), but also at the both waist regions (abdominoplasty 270°) and ultimately at the back (abdominoplasty 360° or Lower body Lift in Dubai).
Help shed extra fat
For those longing for significant weight loss, but stubborn fat resist going, a tummy tuck in Dubai is the best option to reach the ideal scale. A tummy tuck with liposuction can remove the fat flabs from targeted regions
Tighten lax (loose) muscles
Laxity is not only in the skin but also in the muscles. Some people feel their abdominal muscles are too weak or too baggy after weight loss. It s because the abdominal muscles also lose volume and become lax. The tummy tuck surgery strengthens the weak connective fibres and tightens the ‘abdominal pooch’, resulting in a protruding belly. Retightening the abdominal wall at the midline (correction of rectus diastasis) will help significantly.
Other reasons for Tummy Tuck
You can also choose a tummy tuck to eliminate loose skin resulting from
- Abdominal surgery after a C-section (If you’ve previously had a C-section, the plastic surgeon will incorporate your existing C-section scar into a tummy tuck scar).
- Remove excess lax skin due to your natural body type (genetics play a vital role in skin laxity).
Who is the candidate for a tummy tuck after weight loss?
You are considered a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery if:
- You’re close to normal BMI.
- You want to get rid of stretch marks after weight loss
- You desire to fit in the clothes you love
- You want to get rid of undesirable abdominal pooch
- You are in good overall health
Who is not a candidate for a tummy tuck after weight loss?
Your doctor may caution you against the tummy tuck procedure if:
- You plan to lose more weight
- You plan future pregnancy
- You suffer from chronic health conditions, such as cardiac disease, bleeding disorders or diabetes.
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of more than 30
- You smoke
Procedure of tummy tuck surgery
A tummy tuck in Dubai is done on an outpatient basis. You’ll be sedated with general anaesthesia during a tummy tuck to numb pain. Prof Dr Robert will make incisions to remove excess skin and fat between the belly button and pubic hairline, carving a horizontal, oval, or elliptical incision. He will also tighten the connective tissue (fascia) in the abdominal muscles and correct diastasis recti (separated muscles). Finally, when he is done with the surgery, he will permanently sew the incisions with dissolvable sutures.
The amount of excess skin removal depends on the individual’s case. He will suture incisions to fall along the natural crease within the bikini line. He might also reposition your belly button, depending on the case.
Your belly button will be removed through a small incision and then sutured in the central position.
Here are recommended after-care tips:
- Avoid shower or water exposure on the belly for 1st week after tummy tuck surgery.
- Take antibiotics and all prescribed medications on a timely basis.
- Practise good hygiene.
- Avoid stretching or any activity that pressurises the scars.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
- Consult the doctor immediately if the wounds bleed or drain puss or water.
- Visit for your follow-up checkups regularly.
- Avoid weightlifting or torso involving exercises. However, you can walk with little precautions.
Prof Dr Robert Hierner is a highly experienced plastic surgeon with a spotless track record of successful surgeries. A tummy tuck surgery is an invasive and complex procedure. He creates a detailed, diagnosis-based surgery plan and executes a perfect surgery to achieve desired results.
Choosing a best tummy tuck surgeon in Dubai can change results drastically, so choose wisely!